Since 2006, WANT has been a brand strategy and naming partner to MGM.
In 2009, MGM-Mirage was seeking to rebrand to better appeal to consumers and re-energize its 60,000 employees. MGM wanted to create a clearer brand positioning, a new brand name, and a stronger go-to-market brand strategy for its portfolio of 30 properties. Its goal was to create new ways to entice visitors to Las Vegas – particularly non-gaming travelers. MGM also wanted to build a better, more inclusive rewards program and expand its brand in the US (MGM Detroit, MGM National Harbor), China, and the Middle East.
BRAND DELIVERABLES CREATED BY WANT LLC:
- Brand naming: MGM-Resorts
- Brand research, strategy, architecture & positioning: MGM-Resorts
- Brand research, strategy, architecture & positioning: MLife
- Brand strategy, architecture, & naming: Mirala, Abu Dhabi
- Brand naming: Aria Resort & Casino
- Brand strategy, positioning and naming: Wet Republic outdoor nightclub
- Brand strategy & naming: MX Hotels
- Brand strategy & naming: Park MGM
- Brand strategy: Bellagio brand extension
All brand names noted here are the property of MGM Resorts. WANT makes no claim to ownership of these trademarks.